About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Assistant Vice President of Finance
Reports to: Vice President of Finance, Enactus George Brown
Location: George Brown College, St. James Campus
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
The Assistant VP of Finance supports the VP of Finance with monitoring financial details, making accounting entries, collecting and delivering cash as well as preparing budgets. In the event that the VP of Finance resigns or graduates, the Assistant will take over the position of VP of Finance to support the team.
The Assistant VP of Finance performs a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Assist the VP of Finance in making accurate entries in the accounting system to maintain an accurate filing system by processing the checks, expense reports, and reconciliation of accounts.
- Learn to identify the financial discrepancies and correct them, collect the cash received, deliver it to the Faculty Advisor, and make sure that all the payments are made in a timely fashion.
- Communicate frequently with the Faculty Advisors, to inform if there are any issues and also communicate the financial status of the organization.
- Provide support in budget preparation, implement plans that would assist in fundraising and may also suggest making wise investments.
- Monitor and retrieve financial details whenever there is a need
- Assist the VP of Finance in ensuring timely completion of the assigned accounting tasks that are in accordance with the outlined policies and procedures
- Participate in meetings with the VP of Finance to address the issues, provide appropriate guidelines for improvising the process, and to identify opportunities for enhancement
- Support the team in Regionals and National Enactus Competitions
Required Knowledge & Skills
The Assistant VP of Finance must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Desire to make a positive impact, and demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit on other students and various demographics in need
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter willing to take-on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to research, and excellent planning, time management, and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Project and Google Drive
- Sound judgment, professionalism and communications skills are necessary, as is the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Knowledge or experience in working in accounting or finance field, or enrollment in a related program, is an asset
- The Assistant VP of Finance, depending on the project and event scheduled, may be required to work 15-20 hours a week.
- Enactus George Brown offers the office for use, if needed, but depending on the purpose of the project and location of the event, it may take them to non-standard workplaces.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors,students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects