About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Assistant Vice President of Operations
Reports to: Vice President of Operations, Enactus George Brown
Location: George Brown College, St. James Campus
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
The Assistant VP of Operations supports the VP of Operations with overseeing the strategic planning and operational functions of the team. In the event that the VP of Operations resigns or graduates, the Assistant will take over the position of VP of Operations to support the team.
The Assistant VP of Operations performs a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Assist the VP of Operations in creating long-term plans and initiatives to accomplish club goals efficiently
- Learn to develop and implement strategies to keep members motivated and dedicated along with conducting interviews with potential candidates
- Support the VP of Operations with identifying problems and coming up with effective solutions quickly
- Help to plan and implement training for new executive members
- Assist the VP of Operations in supervising the Fundraising and Events department as well as planning and evaluating events
- Collaborate with the HR department and support HR initiatives by coordinating team communications, enhancing the recruitment and selection process
- Participate and take notes in meetings with program managers and Enactus George Brown’s partners
- Develop operational plans in collaboration with President and Co-VPs
Required Knowledge & Skills
The Assistant VP of Operations must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Desire to make a positive impact on other students and various demographics in need
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter willing to take-on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to research, and write briefings, reports, and presentations. Experience in Project Management, is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Project and Google Drive
- Sound judgment, professionalism and communications skills are necessary, as is the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- The Assistant VP of Operations, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 20-25 hours a week.
- Enactus George Brown offers the office for use, if needed, but depending on the purpose of the project and location of the event, it may take them to non-standard workplaces.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors,students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects