About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Reports to: VP of Marketing, President, Enactus George Brown
Location: Remote Position
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
The Graphic Designer will be responsible for graphic design initiatives including the creation of posters, design of the social media content, support of the video production, and other necessary graphics with maintaining the client’s needs as the highest priority.
The Graphic Designer must perform a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Design and create web pages, brochures, logos, signs, advertisements, posters, GIFs, brochures, presentations, website elements and other communication materials
- Work closely with projects and clients to understand their vision, including creating strong relationships and providing excellent customer service
- Produce drafts for review by projects and clients and make revisions based on the feedback received
- Review final materials for errors and ensure that they reflect client specifications
- Work closely with the Marketing team, Video Production team to ensure the team’s vision is being met
- Collaborate with the web designer to design graphics for the website
- Select fonts, colours, shapes, designs, styles, layouts and design templates for projects upon request
- Perform other ad hoc tasks as required
- Participate in weekly meetings with the team via MS Team and update the latest status
Required Knowledge & Skills
The Graphic Designer must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Desire to make a positive impact on other students and various demographics in need
- Experience with graphic design programs such as the Adobe Suite and/or Canva is a must
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with team members and other stakeholders.
- Self-starter willing to take on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Creative mindset and strong organizational skills to balance tasks and fulfill team members’ requirements with simple instructions
- Proficient in applications such as Canva and Adobe’s Creative Suite—including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign considered an asset
- Well-versed in current design trends and technologies
- Sound judgment, professionalism, and communication skills are necessary
- The Graphic Designer, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 10-15 hours a week.
- This is a fully remote position which means all tasks, events, and meetings will take place virtually.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic students, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors, students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects