About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Fundraising and Events Team Member
Reports to: Fundraising and Events Coordinator, Enactus George Brown
Location: Remote Position
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
The Fundraising and Events Team Member assists the Fundraising and Events Coordinator in overseeing the strategic planning, implementation of events and fundraisers associated with Enactus George Brown and its projects.
The Fundraising and Events Team Member performs a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Build, grow and manage meaningful and effective relationships with third party donors by providing event support and excellent customer service
- Provide overall support to all Enactus George Brown projects’ fundraising objectives
- Identify opportunities to maximize projects’ event potential, including meeting and exceeding the fundraising objectives
- Develop grant proposals for funding and collaborate with projects for new fundraising ideas
- Manage the scope of the events including objectives, timelines and budget
- Document all events related actions, observations, and measurements accurately and honestly
- Keep continuous communication between all internal and external stakeholders
- Support the team during Regionals and National Enactus Competitions
Required Knowledge & Skills
The Fundraising & Events Team Member must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Desire to make a positive impact on other students and various demographics in need
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter willing to take-on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to research, and write briefings, reports, and presentations. Experience in Project Management, is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project and Google Drive
- Sound judgment, professionalism and communications skills are necessary, as is the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Fundraising & Events Team Members, depending on the project and event scheduled, may be required to work 15-20 hours a week.
- This is a fully remote position which means all tasks, events and meetings will take place virtually.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors,students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects