About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Tenacity Finance Associate
Reports to: Tenacity Project Manager, Enactus George Brown
Location: Remote Position
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
The Finance Associate of Tenacity would help support the team by preparing and reviewing financial information. They are responsible for managing account records (plan and book of Tenacity), revising, and updating financial reports – such as invoices, checks, bank reconciliations, building strategic plans and budgets, and assisting with any tasks that may be assigned.
Tenacity Finance Associate performs a range of duties including some or all the following:
- Support and assist Tenacity by helping with bookkeeping, and preparation budgets, financial statements, and reports.
- Managing accounts and documenting financial processes, such as records, invoices, and bank reconciliation.
- Attend weekly meetings and assist with any request that relates to the development of fee estimates.
- Assist with the team’s yearly operating budget and general tracking of all reported activities.
Required Knowledge & Skills
Tenacity Finance Associate must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Exceptional time management skills, able to balance the duties of the position with other commitments
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal to communicate
- Self-starter willing to take on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail when working with numbers and bookkeeping
- Creative and strategic thinking to help planning and finding the best solution for campaigns
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Sound judgment and professionalism are necessary, as is the ability to work to strict deadlines
- Tenacity Finance Associate, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 10-15 hours a week.
- Enactus George Brown offers the office for use, if needed, but depending on the purpose of the project and location of the event, it may take them to non-standard workplaces.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student, and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors, students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects