About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Tenacity Marketing Associate
Reports to: Tenacity Project Manager, Enactus George Brown
Location: Remote Position
Length of Position: Until the end of the Fall 2021 semester
The Marketing Associate of Tenacity supports the marketing department’s aims and programs. They are responsible for assisting with the design of a range of marketing content including posters, photos, videos, artwork, email templates, and handbooks. The Tenacity Marketing Associate will aid in developing the project’s marketing and brand strategy, as well as implementing marketing initiatives. They will also contribute to Tenacity’s social media campaigns using a range of platforms, and will assist with other tasks as required by the Project Manager and Marketing Coordinator.
Tenacity Marketing Associate performs a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Support the coordination of Social Media activity by ensuring the timely and effective implementation of relevant trending topics via Tenacity’s Social media accounts
- Assist with the production of the monthly Social Media postings plan
- Report weekly on Social Media reach outcome, covering updates & improvements
- Collaborate with Marketing Department on the design and production of marketing content: posters, photos, videos, artwork, email templates, handbooks
- Carry out strategic research and implementation of gained knowledge on target market and advertising strategies
- Work effectively with other members of Marketing Department by contributing to the smooth flow of content creation within the team and reaching departmental goals
Required Knowledge & Skills
Tenacity Marketing Associate must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Desire to make a positive impact on other students and various demographics in need
- Confident user of social media platforms including Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, and LinkedIn
- Strong creativity and photo and video editing skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and digital marketing skills are considered an asset
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills, able to balance the duties of the position with other commitments
- Great attention to detail and results orientation with the ability to multitask as well as the ability to take a creative direction and implement changes
- Excellent team player with a collaborative and active approach in contributing to joint projects
- Excellent communication skills: both written and spoken
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications and digital software such as Canva, Powtoon, Adobe, and MS PowerPoint to create digitally savvy content is considered an asset
- The Tenacity Marketing Coordinator, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 10-15 hours a week.
- Enactus George Brown offers the office for use, if needed, but depending on the purpose of the project and location of the event, it may take them to non-standard workplaces.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors, students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects