About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Tenacity Marketing Coordinator
Reports to: Tenacity Project Manager, Enactus George Brown
Location: Remote Position
Length of Position: Until the end of the Fall 2021 semester
The Tenacity Marketing Coordinator is responsible for leading the marketing team of Tenacity, fostering the social media presence of the project, managing advertising strategies, and producing marketing content for the team.
Tenacity Marketing Coordinator performs a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Coordinate social media activity by ensuring timely and effective implementation of relevant topics on trends
- Produce monthly social media postings plan
- Report weekly updates and improvements on social media reach outcome
- Assist marketing team in designing and producing marketing content, including posters, photos, videos, artwork, email templates, and handbooks
- Research and apply gained knowledge to target market and advertising strategies
- Lead the marketing department and its members by ensuring the smooth flow of content creation within the team
- Set daily, weekly, monthly goals for the marketing department
- Perform ad hoc tasks as required
Required Knowledge & Skills
Tenacity Marketing Coordinator must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Social media experience for Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, LinkedIn
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to research, and write briefings, updates, professional emails, reports.
- Proficiency in photo and video editing is considered an asset
- Critical, creative and strategic thinking with analytical skills to help with planning, organizing, and finding the best solution to problems.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Sound judgment, professionalism and communication skills are necessary, as is the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- The Tenacity Marketing Coordinator, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 10-15 hours a week.
- Enactus George Brown offers the office for use, if needed, but depending on the purpose of the project and location of the event, it may take them to non-standard workplaces.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors,students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects