About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Tenacity Workshop Organizer
Reports to: Tenacity Project Manager, Enactus George Brown
Location: Remote Position
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
The Workshop Organizer of Tenacity is responsible for identifying clients’ demands, researching and presenting information to workshop participants. The Workshop Organizer also communicates with the partnership and marketing team of the project to explore opportunities to create and maintain relationships with potential partners as well as finalizing content and postings on social media platforms.
Tenacity Workshop Organizer performs a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Plan workshop sessions, including the agenda, items, topics, and reaching out to participants
- Research topics for workshops and present the materials to workshop participants as well as answering questions and inquiries
- Collaborate with the partnership team by researching and identifying potential partners
- Collaborate with the marketing team by creating and confirming the content that will be uploaded to social media platforms
- Finalize and proofread workshop materials, handouts, and documents
Required Knowledge & Skills
Tenacity Workshop Organizer must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Desire to make a positive impact on other students and various demographics in need
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter willing to take-on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to research, and write briefings, professional emails, reports, and presentations.
- Creative and strategic thinking to help planning and finding the best solution for campaigns.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Applications, Google Drive, and Survey Forms
- Sound judgment, professionalism and communication skills are necessary, as is the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Tenacity Workshop Organizer, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 10-15 hours a week.
- Enactus George Brown offers the office for use, if needed, but depending on the purpose of the project and location of the event, it may take them to non-standard workplaces.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors,students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects