About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
Junior Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Project Manager, Enactus George Brown
Location: George Brown College, St. James Campus
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
The Junior Project Manager will be the key support of Senior Project Manager with implementation and tracking of assigned program/project and is accountable for the specific desired deliverables. In the event that the Senior Project Manager resigns or graduates, the Junior Project Manager will take over the position of the Senior Project Manager to lead the project.
The Junior Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including:
- Assist Senior Project Manager, to ensure that program/project objectives are met through the delivery of an effective Project Management service
- Assist in establishing the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters, in essence all aspects of the project process
- Assist in developing and collaborating with team in writing competition’s story, media interviews, presentation team, script, video and slides
- Monitoring and documenting project progress and other performance indicators
- Perform such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Vice President and President
- Assist in developing grant proposals for funding and collaborate with fundraising initiatives
- Identifying opportunities to develop new business with existing clients and reporting such opportunities to the Senior Project Manager
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date and key information and learning generated is inputted into internal databases and shared
Required Knowledge & Skills
The Junior Project Manager must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Desire to make a positive impact on other students and various demographics in need
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter willing to take-on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to research, and write briefings, reports, and presentations. Experience in Project Management, is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Project and Google Drive
- Sound judgment, professionalism and communications skills are necessary, as is the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Junior Project Managers, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 10-15 hours a week.
- Enactus George Brown offers the office for use, if needed, but depending on the purpose of the project and location of the event, it may take them to non-standard workplaces.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors,students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects