About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Bean Production Team Member
Reports to: The Bean Project Manager, Enactus George Brown
Location: Remote Position
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
The Production Team Member of The Bean is a skillful crafter who has a passion for designing and creating products and managing the production process as well as conducting research on ways to develop new products.
The Bean Production Team Member performs a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Produce soap bars as required using an oven and microwave
- Design products and packagings
- Plan and schedule production
- Conduct market and product research and develop new product lines
- Update the inventory management system on Excel to keep track of raw materials and inventory on hand
- Collaborate with the Logistics team to find and order raw materials and equipment
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to incorporate the needs of customers into product development
- Participate in meetings with the team and update the latest status
- Support the Project Manager with strategic development of the team
Required Knowledge & Skills
The Bean Production Team Member must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Access to certain tools and equipment, including a kitchen, an oven, and ideally a car
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter willing to take-on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to research, and write briefings, reports, and presentations.
- Hand crafting experience is considered an asset
- Proficiency in the Adobe and Microsoft suite, including Excel, is considered an asset
- Experience or knowledge in operational management is considered a huge asset
- Creative and strategic thinking to help find the best solution for campaigns and production.
- Sound judgment, professionalism and communication skills are necessary, as is the ability to work to strict deadlines.
- The Bean Production Team Member, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 5-10 hours a week.
- Enactus George Brown offers the office for use, if needed, but depending on the purpose of the project and location of the event, it may take them to non-standard workplaces.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors,students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
- Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects