About Enactus George Brown
Enactus students are leaders. Today they lead teams, projects and communities. Tomorrow, they will lead companies – and Canada!
Entrepreneurial – having the perspective to see an opportunity and the talent to create value from that opportunity
Action – the willingness to do something and the commitment to see it through even when the outcome is not guaranteed
Us – a group of people who see themselves connected in some important way individuals that are part of a greater whole
Enactus George Brown is committed to instilling confidence and hope to underserved communities within the Greater Toronto Area, by using the power of innovation and entrepreneurship.
YGF Content Developer
Reports to: YGF Project Manager, Enactus George Brown
Location: Remote Position
Length of Position: Two semesters, Renewable
Are you a natural storyteller? You’ll help us share our story with the world; who we are, what we’re passionate about, and how we drive success for our surrounding communities. The YGF Content Developer will aid in developing highly engaging, well-researched, and business-focused content for the project’s website, mobile application, newsletter, and social media accounts.
The Content Developer performs a range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Develop creative ideas for business-focused course content
- Research and write course and social media content with a focus on business trends
- Create highly engaging creative written and visual content for YGF’s courses, mobile application and social media accounts
- Write professional, original and well-researched content that aims to engage and captivate the targeted audience’s attention
- Spearhead the YGF monthly newsletter with compelling content
- Write, edit, review, and update content for all new and existing YGF courses
- Write and submit a weekly report to Project Manager
- Participate in weekly meetings with the team via MS Teams and update the latest status
Required Knowledge & Skills
The Content Developer must be a George Brown College Student with a:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong creative aptitude are required
- Self-starter willing to take on challenges with a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset and digital marketing skills are considered an asset
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to research, and write briefings, reports, and presentations. Experience in Project Management is an asset
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to work with strict deadlines, multitask effectively and balance the duties of the position with other commitments
- Desire to make a positive impact on other students and various demographics in need
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build strong working relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Sound judgment and professionalism are necessary
- The Content Developer, depending on the project and events scheduled, may be required to work 10-15 hours a week.
- This is a fully remote position which means all tasks, events and meetings will take place virtually.
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Access to Enactus Canada’s Careers Shortlist: Receive personalized one-on-one career consultations, resume reviews and unique opportunities)
- Explore career opportunities and learn about Enactus Canada’s corporate partners to start and succeed in your career with 3M, Capital One, Intuit, Unilever, KPMG, Paramount Commerce, TD and more!
- Networking opportunities with bright academic, student, and community leaders
- Create meaningful relationships with bright academic, student and community leaders from various parts of Canada as well as George Brown College professors, students and additional stakeholders
- Skill development training through experience as well as Enactus George Brown, Enactus Canada, and Enactus International workshops
Possible travel opportunities for regional, national, and international projects